SAQ Reception at -140dB in London on World Radio Day, Feb. 13th 2023
The theme for the 12th edition of the World Radio Day to be celebrated on February 13th 2023 is "Radio and Peace".SAQ is therefore scheduled to be on air, to send out a peace message to the whole world, using the unique 200kW Alexanderson alternator, from 1924, on 17.2 kHz CW
Receiving SAQ station on 17.2kHz. Weak signals between -120dB and –130dB.
To commemorate the UNESCO 50th anniversary, World Heritage Grimeton Radio Station has scheduled SAQ to be on the air at 17:00 CET (16:00 UTC) on Wednesday, November 16th, 2022, to send out a peace message to the whole world, using the 200kW Alexanderson alternator from 1924, on 17.2 kHz CW.
SAQ Transmission on 4 July 2021
The annual transmission event on the Alexanderson Day with the Alexanderson Alternator from 1924 on VLF band 17.2 kHz mode CW with the call sign SAQ, on 4 July 2021. Recorded in London on 4 July 2021. Strong signal, 5-9
- Long Wire antenna.
- Longwire Antenna Impedance adapter ; HST-210N ;Heros Technology
- Antenna Galvanic Isolator HS-100B; for local noise suppression; HerosTech
- VLF-LF-MF up converter HerosTech HS-400, IF output 4MHz-4.5MHz.; HS-400
- Flexradio1500 as IF receiver,
- GPS reference clock from Leo Bodnar
- Power SDR 2.8.0 from KE9NS